What Is Souvenaid®?
The brain communicates through a vast network of billions of nerve cells. These nerve cells connect with each other via brain connections known as ‘synapses’. Throughout our lives we continually lose and replace these important brain connections without noticing. In a healthy brain the amount of new synapses that are formed matches the amounts that are lost. What we consume in our daily diet plays an important part in the process because the brain needs key nutrients – omega-3 fatty acids, phospholipids, choline, uridine monophosphate and B vitamins – in the right combination and at the right level to replace the synapses.
Research has shown that people with memory loss in early Alzheimer’s disease often have low levels of these key nutrients, despite eating a normal diet.1 ,2 Souvenaid® has been designed to provide these essential nutrients at levels otherwise difficult to achieve through diet alone.
Souvenaid® is a medical nutrition drink that nutritionally supports memory function in the early stages of Alzheimer’s disease. Taken once daily for 6 months, Souvenaid has been shown to benefit people during the early stages.3-5
What makes Souvenaid® so unique is its patented formula known as Fortasyn™ Connect, a combination of nutrients which provide the nutritional building blocks to support growth of brain connections. It takes time for these nutrients to be taken up and used by the body, so there is no noticeable effect straight away. Therefore, it is important to keep taking Souvenaid® every day to ensure a continuous and adequate supply of important nutrients for the brain. To request a free Souvenaid® sample box with supporting literature click here.
Souvenaid® is unique because it:
- Nutritionally supports memory function in early Alzheimer’s disease.
- Contains Fortasyn™ Connect, a patented combination of nutrients which supports the growth of brain connections.
- Is backed by 20 years of evidence based research, supported by an extensive ongoing research program.3-5
- Has been shown to be safe and well tolerated alone or in combination with Alzheimer’s disease medication.3-6
One 125ml bottle of Souvenaid® provides:
|Folic Acid||400 μg|
|Vitamin B6||1 mg|
|Vitamin B12||3 μg|
|Vitamin C||80 mg|
|Vitamin E||40 mg|
- Lopes da Silva S et al, Alzheimer’s & Dementia 2014; 10(4); 485-50
- Mi W et. al Nutrition 29:1080-1089
- Scheltens P et al. Alzheimers Dement 2010; 6: 1–10.e1
- Scheltens P et al. J Alzheimers Dis 2012; 31: 225–236
- Soininen H et al. Lancet Neurol 2017; 16: 965–975
- Shah RC et al. Alzheimers Res Ther 2013; 5: 59.